Sunday, February 1, 2015

So very soon

We have been away from our boys for 2 weeks and 1 day.  It seems so much longer than that.  Now, don't get me wrong, our girlie is worth the trip!  She is worth the stress and paperwork and fees.  But still, not having our boys around is not fun.  But, we will be going home so very soon!

When we applied for Jovana's passport on Friday, they assured us that it would be available for pickup on Saturday.  Although they seemed certain, I just did not believe it.  I had never heard of anyone getting their child's passport on a Saturday.  Still, though, we went to the police station on Saturday afternoon.  We were there less than 20 minutes and walked out with a shiny new passport with our girl's new name and her beautiful face.

Z called the doctor who does physicals for the US Embassy right after we left the police station.  She told him that it might be possible to do the physical that evening.  She ended up not being able to do it, but she DID do it today.  A passport on Saturday and a physical on Sunday?  I couldn't be happier about that! 

J was not happy about seeing the doctor.  Taking her clothes off was the first offense.  Then, she tried to see what the doctor was writing and the doctor said something to her that offended her because she shrank back into my arms and whimpered.  Then, Lord have mercy, we made her stand up!  Oh, the horror!  Our 5 minute physical was complete and the doctor said we could go back to the waiting room.  I stood up and J put her arms up for me to carry her.  I told her she could walk and she started screaming.  This poor child is in for a rude awakening.  I LOVE her being close, but she certainly is capable of walking.  I truly believe she still wobbles and has lower muscle tone because she was carried everywhere.  Anyway, the doctor again fussed at her (telling her she needed to walk) and she stopped screaming but continued to whine.  But, for all her fussing, we got her completed medical form so we have everything we need for our 2pm Embassy appointment tomorrow.  I can breathe a sigh of relief!

On the way back to the apartment, we had Z stop at McDonalds....our first visit since we've been here.  Hubby and I got something for ourselves and also got 2 Happy Meals (we wanted 2 toys for the boys).  Once we got back, I handed J a pack of French fries and she chowed down!  I offered her a burger and she contemplated it for quite a while.  She held it and looked it up and down, then handed it back to me with a, "Ne."  She finished the first pack of fries and then tried to take some from my plate!  So, I pulled out the 2nd pack of fries from the other Happy Meal and she ate half of that pack too.  She was one happy girl!  She took a couple sips of Coke, but I don't think she liked the bubbles.  Neither of the boys did either, so that didn't surprise me.  I think she ate more tonight than she has in 2 days.  Our trip to the foster home set us back a few days in the food department.   It seems that McDonalds makes our princess happy (although Mama taking pictures seems to have lost its appeal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Be nice or your comment will never see the light of day. :)