Thursday, May 29, 2014

We are not sure where

Our boys were both adopted from the same country.  That country has an age restriction for adoptive parents.  I have always wanted to adopt a younger child.  Our boys were older when they came home and therefore had to start school very quickly upon coming home.  I selfishly wanted more time with our girl before she had to leave me everyday. 

I know that many countries have exceptions for their rules.  For example, China has restrictions for age, length of marriage, even BMI of adoptive parents.  But, in some cases (often for adoptions of children with special needs), they are willing to give permission to couples who don't fall into their typically accepted parameters. 

We were assuming that we would need to go to a different country to find our daughter.  But, I have sent an email asking just in case.  I am not sure if anything will come of my email or not.  Sometimes, however, you need to follow your heart.  My heart is in the country of my sons' births. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Be nice or your comment will never see the light of day. :)