Friday, January 9, 2015

Long time no see :)

It has been several months since I posted.  If you want to know what we have been up to,  you can check out the timeline.  It gives a short run down of how things have gone.  With this being the first adoption since our girl's country became party of the Hague treaty, everyone has been very careful making sure everything is done perfectly.

So, the long and short of it is.....WE LEAVE IN 8 DAYS!!!

A week from tomorrow, the Mr and I will board a plane on the way to our little girl's country.  We will arrive on Sunday and then we have a day off to relax before the real fun begins. :)  We have to meet with the US Embassy before we can meet with anyone from the Ministry.  Our meeting is scheduled at 9am (which is 3am home time) on January 20th.  We are supposed to meet with the Ministry after that meeting but we haven't received a set time yet.  If all goes as planned (our Ministry meeting isn't too late), we should be able to meet our little one later that afternoon. 

We received a wonderful Christmas gift a couple days early.  The Ministry was able to get an updated picture of our cutie and also had her height/weight/shoe sizes for us.  She is such a cutie and has grown so much since the last picture we were given.  I missed her 4th birthday, but I am happy to know that the rest of her birthdays will be with her family.

I had done a little shopping for her before, but not knowing how big she was hampered that.  Now that I have that info, I am all about buying pink!  I have a lovely friend who is also sending me some things for her.  I believe we will have one well dressed girlie. 

Well, that is all I can get out for now.  My brain is on overdrive and being able to complete a thought, let alone a sentence on a blog is VERY DIFFICULT!  So, this might be the last post I make before we leave.  :)

1 comment:

Comments are moderated. Be nice or your comment will never see the light of day. :)